Categories of Ministers
We have seven categories of ministers, based on the licenses we issue.
- Lay ministers. These are laypersons who don’t intend to become “professional” ministers.
- Local church ministers. The starting point for professional ministers.National conference ministers. They are working on the requirements for ordination.
- Specialized ministers. They serve on staff in a specific area, like youth, music, etc.
- Provisional ministers. This is an accommodation for specific situations, such as a person transferring from another denomination.
- Ordained elders. The highest level. Only ordained ministers can be bishop or serve in certain other ways.
- Ordained chaplains. Professional chaplains in hospitals, the military, and other settings.