US National Office
The national office of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA, is located in Huntington, Ind. Our main focus is serving our member churches. That’s where the real work of our denomination happens. Without those churches, we have no reason to exist.
Our mission is: “to effectively resource pastors and congregations of the US National Conference to fulfill the Great Commission.”
We do whatever we can to help our churches flourish.
- Provide expertise and resources to churches.
- Train, encourage, and support our pastors.
- Oversee a variety of cooperative ministries, such as our missions work, the pension program for ministers, and others.
- Facilitate a sense of connectedness among our churches.
The National Office handles all cooperative ministries of the US National Conference. Here are some of the services under that umbrella.
- The Office of the Bishop.
- Global Ministries (the United Brethren missions entity).
- Church planting.
- The Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team, which handles ministerial licensing, ordination, and stationing.
- Oversight of cluster groups.
- Church Resources, which ships Sunday school literature and other materials to several hundred churches every quarter.
- Communications services (websites, newsletters, print materials, etc.).
- Pension services for UB ministers.
- The Women’s and Youth ministry teams.
- The Higher Education Leadership Team, which oversees Huntington University.
- Overseeing various UB events (US National Conference, workshops, training events, etc.).
- Other leadership teams, study committees, and groups which may arise as needed.