Director of Ministerial Licensing
In May 2010, Gary Gates began working one day a week in the national office as Director of Ministerial Licensing, while also pastoring the South Scipio UB church in Harlan, Ind. He retired as pastor in August 2015, but agreed to continue in his role at the national office.
Gary’s responsibilities include:
- Help licentiates through the license and ordination process.
- Evaluate schools and courses against the core topics necessary for national conference license and ordination.
- Evaluate transcripts in a timely manner and communicate with candidates.
- Serve as a liaison between the Bishop and the Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team.
- Serve as an advisory member of the Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team.
- Recruit instructors to develop the courses that are not readily available through colleges.