His goal is to provide leadership that inspires and enables churches and individuals to accomplish the Great Commission task to which the Lord has called them. This involves:
- Casting vision, providing strategic leadership, and working to stay in step with God’s mission.
- Communicating the stories of what God is doing to donors, churches and prayer supporters, while assisting them in developing their mission ministries at home and abroad.
- Collaborating with international partner agencies, national conferences, and leaders to strengthen their ministry efforts and expand Christ’s Church.
Before coming to Global Ministries, Jeff had been an ordained minister in the Missionary Church for 23 years. He has pastored two churches and served in Spain for eight years as a church planting team leader with World Partners Canada. In 2001 he became assistant director of World Partners USA, the Missionary Church’s international arm, at which time his family emigrated from Canada to the United States. He has now served as an ordained elder with the United Brethren and the director of Global Ministries since 2008.
Jeff, a Canadian citizen, holds a Theology/Missions degree from Emmanuel Bible College in Kitchener, Ontario, and a Masters in Organizational Management from Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Ind. His wife, Charlene, works for Brotherhood Mutual Insurance as a claims adjuster. They celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary in May 2012, and have three married children and a growing number of grandchildren.
When Jeff is not working or traveling he volunteers as a naturalist, canoes, writes a blog and does photography. They are members of Anchor Community Church in Fort Wayne, Ind.
Contact Jeff at:
|Address||302 Lake St. Huntington, IN 46750|
|Phone||(260) 356-2312, ext. 304|
|Use this form|
|Personal Blog||Midwest Naturalist|
On the Personal Side
I was born in Canada, and raised in Fenwick, Ontario. My parents were new immigrants to Canada in the late 1950s. I spoke Dutch at home until I went to school.
Hobbies and Interests
Nature. In fact, I’ll be doing my certification as an Indiana Naturalist in 2012. Canoeing. Photography. Organic gardening.
In My Spare Time I Like to….
Watch documentaries (I’m a documentary nut). Do bicycling and paddling.
About My Wife
Charlene and I were married May 1, 1982. She works for Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company in Fort Wayne, Ind.
Our First Date
Charlene and I met at Bible college in Ontario. Our first date was “grass” skiing. It was a bad idea, but I knew she was adventuresome.
About My Children
- April, an RN, is married to Micah Barcalow, and they have three kids. They live in Marion, Ind.
- Julie is married to Rick Navrotsky, and they have two kids. Julie works for CH Global.
- Jason is a history major who wants to do graduate work in filmmaking.
What I Like About My Work
Thinking outside the box.
What I Like to Read
Historical fiction. Ecology and nature stuff. Deep reflective sorts of things (i.e. Henri Nouwen, CS Lewis).
My Favorite Vacation
In Oregon, on the Pacific coast.
I’m Allergic to:
An Interesting Job I Once Held
Commercial fisherman on Lake Huron.
An Accomplishment I’m Proud of