PASTORAL MINISTRY HANDBOOK | CHAPTER 2
UB Ministerial Association
The United Brethren Ministerial Association exists to do the following:
- Recognize all persons licensed as United Brethren in Christ ministers by the Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team.
- Secure the credentials of a minister who leaves a church and hasn’t yet been placed at a new United Brethren church.
- Secure the credentials of a United Brethren minister who is not a member of a local United Brethren church.
- Provide ongoing credentials for licensed United Brethren ministers who serve in ministry areas with no local United Brethren church nearby.
- Clarify the membership status of pastors and spouses at the local church in which they serve.
- All persons credentialed by the Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team are automatically members of the United Brethren Ministerial Association.
- All credentialed ministers and spouses have full membership privileges in the congregation they serve.
- All credentialed ministers must submit annual reports to the bishop’s office.
- Persons holding local church and lay minister licenses are not members of the United Brethren Ministerial Association.