PASTORAL MINISTRY HANDBOOK | CHAPTER 21
Minister’s Spouse Survey
The Pastoral Ministry Leadership Team values the role and input of the minister’s spouse in the licensing process. Therefore, this survey is to be completed by the spouse of the minister being considered for ministerial licensing with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA.
1. Briefly describe your conversion testimony.
2. Do you agree with the Confession of Faith set forth in the Discipline of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA, without reservation? If not, please explain.
3. Do you agree with the membership, family, and social standards of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA, without reservation? If not, please explain.
4. What do you understand to be your role and responsibilities as a partner to your spouse?
5. What degree of leadership do you think the pastor’s spouse should exercise in the ministry of the local church?
6. Describe the devotional life of your home.
7. Do you have any reservations or expectations about pastoral ministry about which we should be aware? If so, please explain.
8. What else should we know about your spouse, your family, and yourself as we consider your spouse for pastoral ministry?
9. Please sign and date this document.